ZARGES offers solutions for the packaging and transport of hazardous goods. The ZARGES service to companies includes, as well as the manufacture and testing of hazardous goods packaging, advice on the safe packaging of hazardous goods.
Advice of hazardous goods packaging
We advise companies on hazardous goods packaging, hazardous goods containers and transportation containers for hazardous goods.
- Information on the numerous laws, ordinances and regulations.
- Advice on the classification of hazardous goods. It is not always clear whether a material to be transported is to be classified as hazardous goods or not.
- Recommendation for suitable internal and external packaging (incl. padding/padding material).
- Creation of special solutions for the transportation of hazardous goods.
Do you have any questions?
Do you have questions about the regulations pertaining to the transport of hazardous goods? Do you need to know for certain whether your products during transport or shipment have to be declared as hazardous goods? Are you looking for the right packaging or a suitable hazardous goods container for your hazardous goods?
We look forward to hearing from you!
Safety aspects when transporting hazardous goods
Not only the handling of hazardous goods requires extreme care, but also the manufacture of hazardous goods containers and hazardous goods packaging.
- Safety regulations: Strict safety regulations are laid down by law for the packaging and transport of hazardous goods. Hazardous goods may only be transported in packaging that meets these criteria and is approved by the relevant authorities.
- German hazardous goods ordinance: The requirements regarding hazardous goods packaging are set out in the German Hazardous Goods Ordinance - Road, Rail and Inland Waterway (GGVSEB), in the German Hazardous Goods Ordinance - Sea (GGVSee) and in further regulations.
- Approval of hazardous goods packaging: For many years, ZARGES has been producing UN-approved packaging made from aluminium. It is approved as composite packaging (Code UN 4B, 4BW and 4BU).
Manufacture of hazardous goods packaging
We produce hazardous goods packaging and hazardous goods containers for the transport and shipping of hazardous goods. These are first and foremost containers made from aluminium, bulk containers made from aluminium and combination packaging:
- external packaging in standard or special sizes with approval,
- complete packaging (composite packaging), and
- special solutions for the transportation of hazardous goods.
More on our hazardous goods packaging.
Testing and approval of hazardous goods packaging
We test hazardous goods packaging and hazardous goods containers and obtain the approval from the responsible bodies/authorities. This also includes in individual cases necessary short tests and verifications. A repeat test does not have to be conducted on ZARGES hazardous goods containers because aluminium is not subject to any ageing processes as is, for example, plastic. A visual inspection for external damage is sufficient.
- Type testing of external packaging, combination packaging and composite packaging (aluminium 4B).
- ZARGES is an authorised testing centre.
- Approval of ZARGES hazardous goods packaging is provided by the German Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM).
We are happy to make available on request the approvals of our most in-demand hazardous goods packaging.